Friday, March 2, 2012

9 days!

In 9 days, I will be on a jet plane (Cue music!) on my way to CHINA!  Never in my wildest dreams did I EVER think I would go there.  China is not normally on people's "Must travel-to" places and honestly it was never really on mine, but now that I am going, China is my new favorite place.  Anytime I see something Chinese, I automatically think it's connected to me somehow because I'm going. Yes, I am insane!

Today it hit me that I need to start thinking about packing.  Yes, I won't leave until next weekend but I am going to a foreign country and I need to take everything I can possibly think of that I'm going to need!  I know everything is made in China anyway, but it's not the same. I have started making lists and I realized I am going to have to do a lot of shopping. Poor me! :)

I am getting more and more nervous as the days pass because it brings me that much closer to leaving. I am so excited about the trip but I have a pit in my stomach when I think about leaving my precious Sofia.  Yes, I know she is nuts and sometimes I want to give her away to gypsies...but nonetheless, she is my baby and I love her dearly. I've never been away from home for so long either so I will have a lot of "firsts" on this trip.  I told my roomie Michelle Arnold that if she hears me crying in my bed just to ignore me. 

BUT I will get over it and absence makes the heart grow fonder right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment