Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Shopping

Is anyone done yet? Has anyone else not started?  Well I have bought a few here and there but I have a LONG way to go!!!  This is when having a big family sucks! Christmas is so damn expensive! What happened to when things were cheap?  Oh that's right...things have NEVER been cheap! 

I don't buy Sofia Christmas gifts.  Well technically I do, but I don't go overboard and spend an entire paycheck on her.  I'm not judging you crazy parents who do, but Sofia is so young that I could wrap a cereal box in Christmas paper and she would be just fine!  Last year I spent about $30 on two gifts, wrapped them and I think she ate the paper.  This year I will decide whether or not I actually get her something.  And it's not because I am a horrible person and hate my child...but she is just so dang young and she doesn't get it!!!  She doesn't even know what Santa Claus does. She thinks that his job is to wear that big red suit and say "ho-ho-ho" all day. She doesn't know that he's the one that brings ALL the toys.  Once she is old enough to understand that concept, I will start to actually buy her real gifts. I will save my money until then. :)  And everyone else will get her gifts too...so she will be fine.  When she's older and sees the pictures, she won't know who gave her what. And in January when all those toys are sitting there not played with, I will feel even better!

Anyway, I plan on doing some serious shopping this weekend as are most people.  I pray that I don't run anyone over with my shopping cart. I LOATHE shopping at this time of the year. It's like people forget how to function and act like idiots in the store AND on the roads.  So if you're shopping this weekend and you see a GMC Acadia with a crazy Mexican lady driving it, GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Have fun shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment