Thursday, March 8, 2012

Things that make me go hmmmm...

Do you ever sit and wonder what the hell we did before phones, Facebook, the internet, etc? As I spend hours on Facebook a day spend little time on Facebook every day, I see that our lives are thrust-ed into each other's faces ALL DAY!  I know what people like to eat (I am so guilty of this!), where their favorite restaurant is, what color their nails are that day, when they are having a bad day, etc.  And don't get me wrong, I love being nosey and seeing what is on your mind.  But I try to think back when I was in high school when hardly anyone had internet at their house.  The way we found out information was writing letters and calling each other ON THE PHONE when we got home..or when our mom let us.  OR when we would sneak a phone call late at night.  Did you ever turn the ringer off late at night and hope you answered the phone just in time to talk to your homey?  I'm the only one? FINE!

Anywho, I am addicted to Facebook just like everyone else but what would we do if tomorrow it wasn't there? I don't even have contact information for MOST of my FB friends so I wouldn't be able to call them.  I don't know where most of them live so I couldn't go and visit.  AND to be honest, there are probably a handful of my FB friends that I would even care to talk to in person.  But yet they are my "FB friends" and have an insight to my daily life, pictures of my family, etc.

But I do try and go through my friend's list and delete those people that I had a class with in middle school who never said a word to me but now they want an additional friend on FB so they sent me a friend request.  Be gone fool.

Anyway, things that make ME go hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment