Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow...I mean Ice Storm of 2011

We in the south get REALLY REALLY excited when those dumb ass smart weathermen/ladies tell us that it's going to snow!  The tell us to "hunker down" and to stay home! Well you don't have to tell me twice Mr. Ed Emmet and Ms. Annise Parker -- I LISTENED!  And thank God, my job did too.  They let us go home early and they closed up shop on Friday.  All I thought was WOO-HOO -- 3 DAY WEEKEND! 

I have to admit, at first I was like "whatever, it's not even going to be cold". But then you watch, read and listen to these people who hopefully have degrees in weather-knowing-stuff and you begin to buy into it.  The pictures show inches of snow possible, ice on the road and even lights are going out! So, I totally got sucked into it and thought that I woke up on Friday morning, I was going to be able to make a snow man.  I of cours woke up to NOTHING but some ice on my car. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

But the roads were dangerous and they were still telling people to stay home. Again, I listened.  They even showed police officers slipping and sliding on that ice...LOL! I love Live tv.

Even though we didn't get any snow, I surely did enjoy my day off.  Sofia woke up late!  Then she took a 3 hour nap. I didn't want her to sleep alone, so I did too. :)  We ate, watched some TV and then went back to sleep. It was awesome!!!!  Thank you pretend snow day for my day off. :)

I hope all of you were safe out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment