Monday, March 28, 2011

What a GREAT weekend!

I love weekends.  Mainly because I don't have to go to work! OH, and I get to spend time with Sofia and Boogie!

This weekend was an eventful, exhausting and all together GREAT!! Saturday Sofia and I trekked it ALL the way to Katy, Texas for Marik Wilkins' 1st birthday party.  Look at this cutie!! He is TOOO PRECIOUS!


Sofia and I had a great time.  I also got to catch up with old co-workers and some current ones. It's always nice to see people in their "real people" clothes apposed to the boring work ones. LOL!  Marcus's house was just gorgeous and I loved touring it. I promise he gave me permission! :) He had a game room, an theatre room and he even had a drum set!  It was like being on MTV Cribs! 

After the party, we came home and relaxed for a while.  Sofia ended up spending the night with her aunt Nancy so we had the night off!  You know what we did? SLEEP! LOL!  We took advantage and went to bed early.  That's when you know you're old and we ARE!  We also had to get up early the next day and get ready for Boogie's mom's birthday BBQ.  I woke up at 8 am and got to cookin'.   I made two cakes, frijoles a la charra (charro beans for my white homeys), rice and potato salad.  I don't think I've ever cooked that much in one day...even in one WEEK!  The guests started arriving around 2:30pm and the mariachi's arrived at 3:30 p.m.  The guest of honor was sooo very surprised and overwhelmed.  It was a lot of work putting it together but it was well worth it!!!  Here are a few pics of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment