Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011

Easter is probably my 2nd favorite holiday after Christmas.  They are both religious so it makes sense right? Every year for the past 15 or so years, we've had Easter at my aunt's house.  Everyone pitches in and we have fajita, chicken, sausage, charro beans (made by yours truly), rice, potato salad....Yes, and its always gone!  It's a wonderful day spent with my crazy family and I LOVE it.  We eat, hide the eggs, play volleyball and then of course, crack confetti eggs on each other.  There's always the ONE person who doesn't want to be a part of it and inevitably, they get it anyway.  I will never understand why they make it a big deal...if they didn't, no one would even want to get them right? 

We were at the park/my aunt's house for 7 hours and we were pooped! Sofia more than anyone.  We were all dirty, full of confetti and we smelled like outside.  Gross!  But it was fun and so worth it.

Last year Sofia was 5 months old and not really aware of what was going on. This year was different.  She was able to run around and "find" the eggs.  It was so much fun watching her. Although she was more interested in playing with the eggs once she found them!  She got like 15 eggs because she was going so slow!!!! Next year, I'm helping her. 

Here are a few pics from the day.

See, she didn't get very many!

These are my "little" cousins. I think the youngest is 18. I'm old.

The Riveras. These are Sofia's god-parents and the two youngest are our god-children. I love them!
Tia Cassie was a big help!

No comments:

Post a Comment