Thursday, May 19, 2011

American Idol

I really can't believe I haven't been blogging about this EVERY week! I love this show and it's been a mainstay in my house since Ruben Studdard won.  I forgot to watch year one.

ANYWAY....next week is the finale!  As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I have been watching this since January...and it's almost JUNE!  That's right, for 6 months I have been wasting my time on this GREAT show! :)

Anyway, here are the three finalists...

Haley, Scotty and Lauren

So I need to you that the first time I laid ears on Lauren, I knew she was going to go far.  I instantly LOVED her and the night I heard her, I told Boogie "she's going to be in the top 3".  And I wish I would have put money on that because I would have WON!! I  know she's only 16 but she really does have a great tone to her voice.  I don't think she will ultimately win the show but I think we will see more of her soon.

Scotty I think needs to go home.  I don't think he sounded all that great last night.  I know he has a "Josh Turner" type of voice, but he's NO Josh Turner.  He's another young one...and I think he MAY make it in country music, but I'm not putting my money on that one.

And then there's Haley...who honestly I thought would have been gone A LONG time ago!! There were so many singers better than here...like Pia!  Poor Pia....sent home way too soon! Anyway..I must admit though that Haley is slowly growing on me.  I like the tone of her voice and I do think she has a presence that the other two don't have. 

I think Scotty will go home tonight and go back to work at the grocery store and Lauren and Haley will be the top 2....and then I think Haley will win.  Lauren could have a chance at it but she's still a bit young and a bit immature.  Haley is older and I think is ready for the "Big Time".

Let's see if my predictions are right!

Dim the lights.....

No comments:

Post a Comment