Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This was my 2nd Mother's Day and it was a great one!  This day is bittersweet for me because my mom is no longer here.  BUT it was good nonetheless.  I know she was here in spirit.  I LOVE YOU MOMMY!

My day started off WONDERFULLY!  Sofia let me sleep in until 11 am! Isn't that amazing??? I don't remember when the last time I slept in that late.  She must have known it was Mother's Day and that was my gift from her. Thank you Sofia!

We all slowly woke up - and I do mean SLOWLY! After I "woke up" I went and laid on the couch. LOL!!  Sofia watched her cartoons and I rested some more.  Then I finally got up and got going.  My first stop was to the cemetery.  I took Sofia and she just thought were at a park somewhere.  She started playing with balloons and she broke the one I bought for my mom! RUDE!! I'm sure my mom didn't mind.  It was REALLY hot that day so I stayed for a while and drove to Katy, Texas.  Boogie's sister lives in Katy and we were celebrating Mother's Day with Boogie's mom the rest of the afternoon.  We had fillet, ribs, sausage, macaroni...it was YUMMO!!!  And we had tres leches cake for dessert. I don't even like tres leches but this was GOOD!  An 8th grader made it.  You go girl! I need to get the recipe.

We finally got home around 7:30pm and we did nothing but lay around the house for the rest of the evening.  It was a great end to a great day.  Oh and Boogie got me a gift card to Visible Changes.  I was impressed he thought of it.  Now I need to figure out what to do with my hair...color change? Highlights?  Decisions, decisions...

Hope all you mommies out there enjoyed your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment