Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I need to do a better job at my poor little blog. I haven't blogged since October!! WTH? I'm slippin'!

Well now it's almost Thanksgiving which means it's almost Christmas which means that the year is almost over WHICH also means that my birthday is getting closer! :)  Fun times!!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. For 1. I love to eat! and 2. I get to see my lovely family. I think #2 should be #1, but we won't tell them! 

Every year we go to my aunt's house and eats lots of food, watch football and eat some more.  Then after we are done there, we go to Boogie's sister's house and eat AGAIN, watch some more football and eat some more.  So basically we gain about 10 lbs that day. BUT if you're smart like me, you go shopping on Black Friday, elbow some ladies for that toy your kid needs, and burn off the calories. DUH! :)

Although I do love Black Friday, I am not going to be crazy and wake up at 2am and stand in lines.  I am getting too old for that and plus, there's nothing really I need to elbow someone for.  SO...I'm being rational and going at 10am and seeing what the vultures left me.

But to be a little bit serious, this holiday is supposed to remind us to be thankful, and I am VERY thankful and extremely blessed.  I have a crazy wonderful family who I adore and drives me nuts.  If it weren't for them I would never know how normal I really am! :) I have a job that allows me to have food on the table, buy lots of shoes for Sofia that she only wears once, the flexibility to be late everyday every once in a while. I am thankful for my friends who are more like sisters and I would not know what I would do without them!! 
I could be here all day but you get the picture.  My life is not perfect but it's perfect for me and I thank God everyday that I am alive and well and that I am surrounded by amazing people that put a smile on my face everyday.

So enjoy your holiday people and enjoy all of your blessings and be thankful...because remember, it could always be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment