Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I was only going to enjoy a 3-day weekend but I took Friday off at the last minute and it was the best decision!! I woke up at noon, went and got a mani/pedi, did some shopping and even took a nap!  And yes, even when I sleep until noon, I need a nap! Don't judge me. :)

Saturday we woke up bright and early to get ready for our trip to Magnolia Gardens on the San Jacinto River.  We were out of the house by 7:30 a.m.  I don't even get up that early to go to work!! But ssshh..don't tell anyone.  We were only supposed to be there a few hours but ended up staying for 10!!!  The kids (plus Boogie and David) had a blast in the river and Michele and I stayed dry and soaked up some natural vitamin D.    It was a great day to be outside and I'm glad we took advantage.

How cute are they??? Sofia and David need to learn how to smile! 

Sunday went to Grand Lux for Boogie's sister's birthday. I had never been before but it was pretty tasty.  We were going to Kristin and Josh's crawfish boil afterwards so I didn't fill up like I wanted to. I will have to go back and try some more.  But I will say that their Caesar Salad was DELISH!!  We finally arrived to the crawfish boil and enjoyed some mudbugs and the kids had fun on the water slide Kristin had.  I secretly wished the adults would have had one too...but no such luck.  Maybe I should have one for Boogie's birthday in July? :)  Now that's a thought!

Monday I did absolutely nothing.  Well I did make a chocolate cake!!  I had to put it away because I could have eaten every single last bite of it.   It was SO good!!!!

I hope your weekend was as good, or better, as mine.  Long weekends are good for the soul. And most importantly, I hope you took a few minutes out of your day to thank the men and women who protect this country for our freedoms. Thank you past, present and future veterans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment