Thursday, June 3, 2010

Such a sad day!!

Rue McClanahan or Blanche Devereaux as I like to call her, passed away this morning at the young age of 76.  Everyone that knows me well knows that I am obsessed with Golden Girls. I mean, hello, it's the best show E.V.E.R.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I received the breaking news  I literally gasped and was shocked!!  I couldn't believe it.  And as you might have guessed, I shed some tears.

Golden Girls is my comfort and always will be.  I grew up watching it with my mom and I still love it to this day. I own all 7 seasons! I hate that there aren't more! :)  I watch it every single day on the WE channel or on the Hallmark channel.  And if I don't catch it, I will pop in one of the seasons. It doesn't matter which one I pick because I love all them!  I think you should catch an episode and truly see how funny it is.  You can even borrow a season if you want!! Let me know!!

And now, my favorite quotes from Blanche Devereaux. 

Blanche: What was your first impression of me?
Rose: I thought you wore too much makeup and were a slut. I was wrong. You don't wear too much makeup!

Blanche: Are you implying I lost my virginity at an early age?
Sophia: I'm just saying you're lucky Jack-&-Jill magazine didn't have a gossip column.

Blanche commenting on her brother's lifestyle]

Blanche: I don't really mind Clayton being homosexual, I just don't like him dating men.
Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this "gay thing" yet, have you, Blanche?
Blanche: Well there must be homosexuals who date women.
Sophia: Yeah. They're called lesbians.

Dorothy, Sophia, and Blanche discuss Dorothy's lesbian friend, Jean
Sophia: Jean is a lesbian.
Blanche: What's so bad about that?
Sophia: You're not surprised?
Blanche: Well I haven't known any personally but ain't Danny Thomas one?
Dorothy: Not Lebanese, Blanche. Lesbian.

Sophia: Jean thinks she's in love with Rose!
Blanche: Rose! Jean has the hots for Rose? I don't believe this, I don't believe this!
Dorothy: We were surprised, too.
Blanche: Well, I'll bet. To think Jean would prefer Rose over ME, that ridiculous!

Blanche: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a long, hot, steamy bath, with just enough water to barely cover my perky bosoms.
Sophia: You're only gonna sit in an inch of water?

Rose: Is it possible to be in love with two men at the same time?
Blanche: Well, let's set the scene... have we been drinking?

RIP! Rue McClanahan! Thank you for being a friend.....
February 21, 1934 - June 3, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment