An article in the paper today made me get nostalgic about all my toys that I had as a little kid. The Children's Museum of Houston is hosting Retro Toys Wonderweek July 8-14. HOW FUN!! If you have kids, check it out here.
So here are my favorite childhood toys. They don't make them like they used to!!!!
1. The lite- bright was freaking awesome!! I would always get in trouble because I would always lose the pieces (surprise, surprise!) My mom would always find them under the couch, outside, etc. :) I loved my lite-bright. Remember the black pieces of papers that would go in front? And when you were done, you were always so proud!!! But then when you were done, and took out the little light pieces, the paper had all the holes in it! AWESOME!! Good times....
3. SIMON!! Oh, how I loved this damn thing. I wasn't that great at it because I've always had the memory of an 90 year old (no offense grandpa). But remember those annoying ass sounds it made? And then it would get faster and faster? I would get all nervous towards the end but it was still fun!
4. Glo-Worm!!! Besides being a cute little worm that glowed in the middle of the night, this did nothing else!!! Why it was a hit, I have no idea???? I guess that was a more simple time...and we were amused by anything that lit up! :)
5. Pogo-Ball. This was freaking awesome!!!! My fat ass wasn't very good at it because my fat feet didn't fit on it all the time but I sure as hell tried!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then my fat ass deflated the ball and it never worked. BOO-HOO!
7. This really should be my #1 but I don't feel like re-numbering. Anyway, I adored the Cabbage Patch Kids!!! My mom slept outside Target to get me my first one. True Story. And she fought with some lady to get mine and my first cabbage patch kid came home without a box and without a birth certificate!!!! I love my mommy. He was my favorite. I still have him at home too. I will take a picture of it and show you guys. His name is Juliancito after my dad.... :)
8. The Speak and Spell was freaking amazing!!!!! The little robot voice was divine and not to mention, we learned now to SPEAK AND SPELL!!!! We would of course type in "bad" words like stupid and die laughing when it would repeat it. We were such rebels when we were kids! :)
9. Fisher Price Record Player. Do you remember this? Who needed a stupid IPOD when you had this? Hello...they played JAMS like "Ring Around the Rosey" and "Do You Know the Muffin Man". Now those were hits....Lady Gaga would have had a run for her money back then! I loved this damn thing....even if it only came with three discs.
10. PERFECTION!!!! This game always gave me a heart attack, but I still loved playing it. I never got all the pieces in time and the pieces always went flying everywhere. I think they still sell these. I may have to get one!
There are tons more that I can post. Like Barbie, He-Man, CareBears, The Smurfs, Fraggle Rock, Alf, Strawberry Short Cake, Rainbow Brite, etc etc!!!! What were your favorites???