Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I survived -- BARELY!!

Sorry for the late blog post but in case you were wondering, I survived Sofia's birthday bash!!!!  It was a great party and I am so happy that so many of our family and friends came out to celebrate with us. 

Of course the party had its share of DRAMA but hello, what party doesn't???!!?  Drama #1 -- the park didn't let me have the moonwalk I ordered. HOW RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Something about reservation, blah blah blah.  I thought about hooking it up anyway, but I was good.  Even though we didn't have a moonwalk, the kids still enjoyed the face painters and balloon twisters.  Oh, and let's not forget about the popcorn machine!!!  The popcorn tasted like Target's. YUMMO!!!!

Drama #2 - Sofia's outfit.  Daddy didn't like the outfit I picked.  Take a look and let me know what you think....

DOESN'T SHE LOOK PRECIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?   The reason he said she "couldn't" wear this outfit was because "little girs shouldn't wear black".  IS HE STUPID?  The answer is "yes, he is".  Anyway, I of course didn't listen to him and put it on her anyway.  And I'm so glad I did.  She looked sooooo freaking cute.  Look at those ballet flats. I love Baby Gap!!!!  They weren't very comfy for her, but I told her "fashion before comfort".  She needs to learn EARLY!!

I counted and there were 96 people that showed up.  Crazy right? I told you I was going to have LOTS O' MEXICANS!  I did have some white people in the mix, but not a lot.  :)

I also made centerpieces.  What do you think? I stole the idea from some website.


All-in-all, it was a fabulous day!  Sofia was surrounded by lots of wonderful people!!  I know she won't remember but that's why she has her own personal photographer, JORGE! He does such a great job. Thank you Jorge!  Here are a few of my favorite shots of the day. 










I still can't believe she's 1.  Look at the difference!!! 


Crazy right?  She doesn't even look the SAME!  Well this has been a great year for me.  Mommyhood is so much fun and so rewarding.  I know, I sound like a hallmark card, so I will shut up.  :)

I love you Sofia Esperanza Ramirez!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT job, Mama! You did an amazing job on that party! And, I appreciate you teaching fashion rules to Sofia so early! Very chic!

    ReplyDelete