Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Backpacks are back in? Really???

I have been meaning to blog about this for a while but I always forget! Anyway, when did the backpack become trendy again?  Or was it ever? I always thought you only used a backpack if....
  1. You are in school of some sort, thus needing a bag to carry books!
  2. OR you are backpacking through Europe and you need the bag to carry your tent, toilet paper, food, etc.
But now these "man-bags" or "murses" (call them what you want!) are everywhere!!  And I think they look tacky.  And maybe times are changing but men usually carry what they need for the day in three pockets.  One pocket for the car keys, the other pocket for the change and the back pocket for the wallet. They aren't like women who need their entire house to function everyday. If I had a backpack, I would fit Sofia, my extra flip flops, my make-up bag, coupons, my wallet, my car keys, a million and two receipts that I keep "just in case I need to take that shirt back", pens, pencils...you get the idea.

What the hell could these dudes be putting in these backpacks?  God, I hope it's not gun to kill all of us one day. Although in this office, a gun is needed sometimes.  But I digress...

If you have any info on this new trend, please enlighten me!!!! I don't get it. And if you are a man that is partaking in this trend, what the hell do you carry in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment