Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Post Lent Update

You should know by now that I give up sodas and sweets for Lent EVERY year. This year I decided to throw fast food in the mix too. I KNOW, I AM CRAZY!  BUT, as I do every year, I made it. :)  This  year was harder than previous years. I have NO idea why but I swear I almost caved in every day and drank a Dr. Pepper.  It got so bad, that I tweaked the rules and had a Sprite. It wasn't the same. Not even close!!

I know I do this for a good purpose and I am always happy that I endure, but I was sooooooooooooo happy when I was able to enjoy my forbidden items!!  The first drink of Dr. Pepper was the BEST!! It tasted a bit sweeter than I remembered but WHO CARES! It was divine.  I bought TWO 24-packs. Yes, I have issues. Don't judge me. :)

I had plenty of sweets as well but I didn't miss them nearly as much as the DP.  Oh and fast-food doesn't seem as tempting as I thought it would. I think I could probably go without it for a few more days and be A-OK!  Although a Chick-Fil-A sounds really good!

I'm off to drink a Dr. Pepper....

No comments:

Post a Comment