Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lankford's Grocery

Have you ever been to this place?  Well if you haven't, you MUST!!  They have GOOD food. They were even featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". :)

I've only ever gone on Thursdays -- because Thursdays are Chicken Fried Steak day.  This is probably the best CFS I've EVER had. Seriously.  Here is a picture:


Yes, ladies and gents -- this here is a heart attack on a plate. But it's sooooo freaking good.  The mashed potatoes are divine!  I asked for the potatoed to come without chives but it has cheese, sour cream, butter and REAL bacon on top.  They are better than ANY baked potato I've ever tasted.  They have lots of pepper in them too which gives the potatoes an extra kick. The bread is good but I focused most of my attention to that steak!  I will admit that today the steak was drier and tougher than usual, but still tasty. I always find that the breading of a CFS is super salty and it makes them hard to eat. Well this breading is perfect too!  I ordered a full order and should NOT have.  If you ever go on a Thursday and order this, get the half.  I left a lot of food and I was STUFFED!  And you see how fat I AM! :D

I hear that they have excellent burgers so I think the next time I visit I am going to try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment