Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wait -- is that RAIN?

I can't remember a time when Houston was in a drought.  I mean, it ALWAYS rains here but lately, it has been dry!  So dry in fact that there have been wild fires in the area. HOW SCARY!!!!  I can't even imagine what it's like to lose your belongings in a fire....my heart goes out to those that have.

But this morning as I was laying in bed, I heard rumbling. At first I thought it was a truck passing by then I opened my eyes, and the room was DARK! Then I thought "YES...it's still night time and I can sleep some more". Then I realized I had already told Boogie "bye" as he left for work so it was actually morning. LOL!

Anyway, I woke up to a nice rain.  But the sad part is that the dirt is so dry, it didn't even look liked it rained.  So I am praying that it keeps raining and raining so that the wildfires are put out and my grass in my yard turns green again.

I say we start doing the Rain Dance until we have enough. Who's with me?

Oh and I can tell you one thing I HATE about the rain? Is that my Facebook news feed is ALL about it raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can we talk about something else please?  That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment