Thursday, June 7, 2012

I hate people. Not YOU but some...

On Monday I went to the grocery store to get a few things.  It was a quick trip that only cost me $50. Impressive huh?  I checked out like normal, put up my things, got Sofia situated in her car seat and we left.

When I got home, I went to get my purse and it wasn't where I normally put it. I thought it was odd so I got out and went to get it from the back.  That's the only other logical place I would have placed it.  When I didn't find it there, my entire body went warm with fear.  You know that feeling where you don't know whether you want to cry or scream or cry?  Well that's exactly how I felt.  It was awful.

After I realized my purse was not in my car, I raced back to the grocery store (that was 5 minutes away) and went back to where I was parked.  I figured I left my purse in the cart that I was using.  I was even a good American and put the cart in those parking spaces made specifically for carts. When I passed up the place I left the cart and saw that it was empty, my heart sank.  I went inside and asked if anyone turned in a purse. Nothing.  I searched the carts that were put up. Nothing.

I felt so defeated and so mad at the same time!!!!  I went home and told Boogie and busted into tears.  He had just bought that purse for me in February AND the matching wallet that was inside.  And for the record, Boogie is the cheapest person on earth and the fact that he spent more than $20 on a purse and wallet was/is a big deal!  I thought he was going to be super pissed but I'm glad he wasn't.  Tears usually help men be nicer...or at least not be a total jack-ass! :)

I went back to the store a second time and looked again and asked more people but my purse was gone.  After I had time to process everything, I realized that I did in fact put my purse in the back with the groceries.  When I went to put the cart in its place, I left the lift gate open. I can only assume that someone snatched it out of there as my back was turned.

And I KNOW...all the Datelines and 20/20 specials show us how easy it is for people to steal your things. And I've watched those and taken notes and thought to myself "how can people be so dumb?"  Well...I'm now in that list of "dumb people".  I wonder if Dateline will run a story on me?

And for all you women out there, you know that our purses are our entire lives!  Everything was in there!!! My bank cards, a check book, MY BRAND NEW PASSPORT, MY PHONE!!!  I could go on and on...you get the picture.  I was so sad the next day when I literally had nothing to take with me but my keys. HOW DEPRESSING!!!!!!!

BUT...things could have been a lot worse.  Whomever took my purse could have accosted me to try to get it and I'm so thankful and blessed that didn't happen.  AND I really hope and pray that whoever took it needed those things more than me.  That's how I sleep at night. BUT I also believe in Kharma...and we all know she's a bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment